Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Couple of things in Vegas

February 08, 2005 12:11PM
There are a couple of things to see in Vegas. First is the Colorado Midland business car #100 “Cascade”. It is on display, along with another business car at the west end of Fremont Street in downtown. If you look west down the street, you will see the Plaza Hotel. The cars are on display about 200 yards to the right (north) of the Plaza.
The other site is the Boulder City site of the NSRM. You will find it on Hwy 93 as you drive towards the Hoover Dam. As you enter the town of Boulder City, you will see the railway equipment on your left side. Turn left when you see the depot platform and the shop building just to the west of that. Check with the people in the shop and see if you can get permission to go inside the compound. Very nice crew when I was there. One of the guys even gave me a grand tour of all the equipment.
As for narrow gauge, you will find the ex-FCC / Uintah #12 and three other passenger/baggage cars. If you can not find anyone around, you will still be able to see this stuff through the fence. They are located at the very far end of the yard, about a 15 minute walk from the depot platform.
I hope this helps,
Have fun!
Tim B.
1982 1/2 Honda 650cc Nighthawk
Subject Author Posted

Anything in Vegas? *LINK*

scooter davis February 07, 2005 05:44PM

Couple of things in Vegas

Tim Bain February 08, 2005 12:11PM

Re: Couple of things in Vegas

Mike Stillwell February 08, 2005 02:11PM

Re: Couple of things in Vegas

scooter davis February 08, 2005 06:58PM

Re: Couple of things in Vegas *LINK*

Brian Norden February 09, 2005 05:03PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.