Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: BCRHS/#30 Update

November 15, 2004 07:54PM
"Glad to hear about the coupler; get the second one in place and you will really be connected!"
Work on that car has been very slow, but it is progressing; the thing's definately in better shape than it was even when I started helping out.
"Does the locomotive really belong in the Park once she comes back from the Ulrich Works? Wouldn't the Valmont sight be easier to make secure for all your rail artifacts.City parks are certinly not!"
It's not clear where the equipment will go after Ulrich. In large part it depends on whether further work is funded, or just the already-paid-for cosmetic work. The Valmont site is more secure by virtue of its out of the way location. I was told a few weeks ago that the homeless people all know about the site, but they never go there because it's too far out of town. Long term I believe the city is still trying to figure out a place to display both the equipment and that pesky depot. That plan is probably back to sqaure one, though - their preferred location was reportedly the same one RTD wanted for their fastracks station. Do'h!
Chris
Subject Author Posted

BCRHS/#30 Update *LINK*

Chris Weaver November 12, 2004 02:18PM

Mike Trent November 13, 2004 07:50AM

Rick Steele November 14, 2004 07:08AM

Ted Miles November 14, 2004 09:17PM

Chris Weaver November 15, 2004 07:54PM

Karasu November 15, 2004 08:13PM

Ed Kelley November 16, 2004 09:13AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.