Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: Slide to video transfer

November 05, 2004 07:45AM
I don't have a good slide scanner, I don't have photoshop, and my computer does not accept Tiff nor Jpegs in conjuction with my AVID editing system(1998). Therefore I have to figure out a way to get the slides to VIDEO tape, then import into the AVID editing program.
Remember this is not going to add any value to the final price of the program, so we need to keep costs relatively low. However, I am willing to spend some money on a system that can be used now and in the future for similar situations.
I wonder if there isn't something that can be used on the outside of the DV camera lens to copy each slide. I know there was such a device for pro Betacam cameras.
The one poster is correct about shooting off the screen, that you can adjust the cropping as you go with the camera. Thats always an option I suppose.
I have also heard of multiplexors which are essentially slide projectors that you put your camera up to or has a video out cable to a video recorder. Some of those machines use a single CCD chip, whereas today there are better 3 ccd DV cameras, such as the one I have, that would theoretically producer a better video image.
While the perfect scenario would be to do all this digitally, it is not feasible until I get new editing and computer components someday. But, the stuff I am using ain't broke, so why change at this stage. It just can't do some of fringe things, but does a good job on overall image, which is the most important thing.
Greg
Subject Author Posted

Slide to video transfer

Greg scholl November 04, 2004 01:21PM

James R. Temple November 04, 2004 02:53PM

Greg scholl November 05, 2004 07:45AM

Jerry Day November 04, 2004 03:45PM

Ron Ruhoff November 05, 2004 07:10AM

steve thompson November 05, 2004 03:28PM

(Message Deleted by Poster)

Stephen Hussar November 05, 2004 05:08PM

Greg scholl November 05, 2004 08:59PM

John November 04, 2004 04:43PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.