Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: Anyone know where I can find info on how D&RG RoW signs were placed/situated?

February 10, 2024 06:37AM
Another source of info on C&TS/D&RG right-of-way signs would be the six-part series of articles by Jim Gross published in the C&TS Dispatch about a decade ago. Jim recently stepped down as the longtime leader of one of the Friends sign-maintenance crews and longtime de-facto coordinator of that work done by two crews. His first article, on mileposts, appeared in the Vol. 25, No. 1 issue of the Dispatch. Subsequent articles covered whistle boards, flanger signs, station signs, yard limit signs, station one mile signs, derail signs, bridge numbers, speed limit signs, state line signs, railway crossing signs and a few of the more exotic lines like fishermen below signs and end of standard gauge signs. The first article was published in 2012 and subsequent articles in the series were published intermittently in subsequent issues of the Dispatch, with the last appearing in 2015. Thanks in large part to Chris James, editor of the Dispatch, all of the quarterly's issues are publicly available online on the Friends website. Go to the "news" section and then the Friends Forum where there is a section for all of the Dispatch issues (and many of the issues of a previous C&TS volunteer group's publication).
Paul
Subject Author Posted

Anyone know where I can find info on how D&RG RoW signs were placed/situated?

CptSparrow1993 February 08, 2024 10:31PM

Re: Anyone know where I can find info on how D&RG RoW signs were placed/situated?

Joe Weigman February 08, 2024 11:22PM

CptSparrow1993 February 09, 2024 04:30PM

Paul Davenport February 10, 2024 06:37AM

Paul Davenport February 10, 2024 02:48PM

CptSparrow1993 February 14, 2024 01:02PM

Elrey February 16, 2024 09:02AM

Paul Davenport February 16, 2024 01:03PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login