Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Anyone know where I can find info on how D&RG RoW signs were placed/situated?

February 08, 2024 10:31PM
I've been curious for a while now about how and why the D&RG placed it's track side Right-of-Way signs, especially during the 1880s to 1900 time period that I'm currently modeling. Some of the signs are obvious, such as the station at 500 feet, RR crossing, property boundary, and derail signs. I can also assume from my general knowledge that flanger posts were used to mark places where the flanger crew had to raise the plow, such as switches and grade crossings. However, the rest are a little less obvious. Junction ahead, section boundary, milepost section boundary, station whistle, and yard limit signs are the ones that I would like to find more information on in particular. Mainly, what did they indicate, what were the rules regarding their placement (i.e. how far ahead they had to be), etc.

Does anyone have knowledge of this they can share, or perhaps know of some source material I can use to find more information?

Regards,
Vince
Subject Author Posted

Anyone know where I can find info on how D&RG RoW signs were placed/situated?

CptSparrow1993 February 08, 2024 10:31PM

Re: Anyone know where I can find info on how D&RG RoW signs were placed/situated?

Joe Weigman February 08, 2024 11:22PM

Re: Anyone know where I can find info on how D&RG RoW signs were placed/situated?

CptSparrow1993 February 09, 2024 04:30PM

Paul Davenport February 10, 2024 06:37AM

Paul Davenport February 10, 2024 02:48PM

CptSparrow1993 February 14, 2024 01:02PM

Elrey February 16, 2024 09:02AM

Paul Davenport February 16, 2024 01:03PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login