Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Joseph Bell's Response to My Email

August 26, 2004 02:31PM
Mr. Bell emailed me and said he has no problem with my posting his response to my email on the NGDF, so here it is. I appreciate his willingness to share this with us.
Thank you for your e-mail. Your comments will be recorded. The process that the Society has followed meets all of the State's procurement regulations. The current vendor had over nine months of private negotiation with the Society. They were offered significant financial concessions. The final offer with these concessions was ultimately rejected by the operator. They also had the opportunity to participate in the competitive RFP process and refused.
The Society entered a competitive process to select a new vendor. A very good and qualified vendor was selected and will be providing service in 2005.
The future of the Georgetown Loop will be secured and enhanced by the new vendor. They bring wealth of steam railroad, historic preservation and educational experience that dovetails with the mission of the Society. All of the services presently in place will be provided by the new vendor.
All passenger cars to be provided will meet the current vendor's load and weight requirements. The historic passenger car will be available only for special trains that are similar to other historic railroads around the county. They will not be used for daily service.
The Society will be working with the new vendor to ensure that steam locomotives are in place for the 2005 season. The Society is committed to ensure that the integrity of this regional museum is enhanced.
Railstar is a qualified steam railroad service provider and will meet the demands of the Georgetown Loop. The economic viability of future operations rests with the Society and the new vendor. We will use your comments as a gauge to ensure that the standards established by the partnership are achieved.
Sincerely,
Joseph Bell
Subject Author Posted

Joseph Bell's Response to My Email

Scott Hightower August 26, 2004 02:31PM

Re: Joseph Bell's Response to My Email

Wooly August 26, 2004 04:38PM

Skip Luke August 26, 2004 07:56PM

Mark Greksa August 27, 2004 08:51AM

Rick Steele August 27, 2004 01:38PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.