Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: Creede & Shank - THIS IS FACT!!!

August 10, 2000 08:09PM
Greeting's All, Being new on this forum I hope everyone gives a chance to both sides of this subject to state their views.
I personally work as a crewman on the Rail line (D&RGRY) which is in this discussion.
I have personally been there for every work session on this rail line, plus many other times. I have yet to meet a person from Creede that does not want the financial gain and advantages that the railroad will bring. (Look at Durango / Silverton). As for there city poll, only about 1/5 of the city voted.
The main problem lies within the City and some higher ups in the town. It comes down to a simple word called ENCROACHMENT. There are sheds, businesses, a house, torn out track (used for railing in the town), paved over crossings that are in the wrong place, a city park built on the main line, Plus many more issues. The city doesn't want to give up land that they are trespassing on or pay for the items that they destroyed. They took a gamble that the original owners may abandon the line (UP), but it didn't happen. Instead of coming out and admitting that, they have to start a campaign against Don, the workers and the D&RGRY. Bending words that are said and blowing up things far more than they make it sound. The railroad is not asking all of Creede to move, just to remove a few item's illegally placed on railroad property and replace track destroyed by their activity. I know I speak for Don in saying we all at the D&RGRY want a safe and enjoyable time for riders, spectators and locals.
I'm amazed to hear people say that this is competition for the C&TS. I am a supporter of them. Many come to Colorado to ride all the railroad's. This just adds one more to the area. Why let it go away, it will never return unless it's saved now.
Most couldn't even tell you the real reason this railroad line was built!!! Do a little reading and you will soon see this is a VERY important line to be saved. I know many others feel this way and when you see the unique beauty this railroad offers, you will want to join in. Please visit our web site to get facts of what is truly going on with the D&RGRY and how you can give needed support to this most historic railroad.
THANK-YOU for listening to my winded reply... (Just wait till you meet me, it gets worse...)
www.wagon-wheel-gap-route.homepage.com
Subject Author Posted

Creede & Shank - things heat up

Sam March August 10, 2000 11:11AM

Re: Creede & Shank - things heat up

Bob Yarger August 10, 2000 11:28AM

I do wish him well.

Sam March August 10, 2000 03:20PM

Re: I do wish him well.

Roger Cutter August 10, 2000 05:20PM

Re: I do wish him well.

Richard Boulware August 10, 2000 07:29PM

Re: Creede & Shank - THIS IS FACT!!!

Matt Cutter August 10, 2000 08:09PM

Re: Creede & Shank - things heat up

Towne Comee August 11, 2000 09:10AM

Re: Wagon Wheel Gap Route - Dual Gauge

Richard Cutter August 11, 2000 12:04PM

Towne Comee August 12, 2000 02:03PM

Roger Cutter August 12, 2000 05:43PM

Hoss August 12, 2000 06:22PM

Tom Kneib August 12, 2000 09:34PM

60 lb Rail Available?

O. Anderson August 15, 2000 09:00AM

Taylor Rush August 15, 2000 07:56PM

Towne Comee August 16, 2000 07:30PM

Matt Cutter August 17, 2000 04:35PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.