Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: Aguascalientes 36'' Industrial RR, Mexico

February 02, 2023 12:05PM
I took only Black and white still images....I was 12, and traveling with my family and a group of railfans on a train tour. When on SG we had a section pullman for the group, and an assigned porter.
Was pretty neat climbing to the upper berth with dad down below, and my brother across the isle from me and mom below his berth. We started in Neuvo Laredo, and went all the way to Merida via SG.
On the way back we did the railbus from Mexico City to Pueblo, overnighted, and took all day to ride the NG to Mexico City. I know I have a shot of 3046 in Auguascaliente, and perhaps some other engines near the shop. There were tons of dead engines there, and only a few being worked on. I tried some scanning but it was a size that did not work well with my scanner, and they did not come out too well. If I ever get them scanned will post a few.
We do have some video shot in 1966 from San Lazaro. A NG fan named Jim Vail went there for the whole day. Shot all kinds of neat stuff...armstrong turntable, 2-3 engines switching the yard at one time, a cab ride and work in the shop. It is a decent segment in a video we did 2-3 years ago called "Vintage Narrow Gauge". Here is a link to the item, which has a link to the preview video.
[www.gregschollvideo.com]
Greg

PS My dad shot some movies on the 1963 trip, but the transfer we got from film to video was crap years ago, and the footage was marginal, thus we have never published any of it. I do not believe he had any shop material, but did have some NG and the 4-4-0 from Merida to Progresso. Merida was quite a nice place, before all the touristy stuff of today. A group of us sat on a rooftop veranda after dinner and watched a train for 20-30 minutes heading out of town at dusk and the sound was better than the tiny train in the distant view. Sometimes memories and experiences are better than pictures.
Subject Author Posted

Aguascalientes 36'' Industrial RR, Mexico

Joaquin S February 01, 2023 07:57PM

Greg Scholl February 02, 2023 10:16AM

Joaquin S February 02, 2023 11:47AM

Greg Scholl February 02, 2023 12:05PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login