Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: Alpine Tunnel Palisades Repair

September 01, 2020 03:45PM
Indeed my wording was a bit sloppy and I should always say Palisades Wall. Or walls plural as there are several along this stretch of grade.

Some question have been asked in other places where I have posted this and I wanted to share some information here in case it is of interest. The plan is to reconstruct the wall in the same way that it was originally built. This is historical reconstruction, not modern construction. Stone masons who specialize in the old hand methods are being consulted and will bid the project. There is a bulge in the wall below the washed out portion so the wall will be dismantled both to the sides and below the current gap in order to rebuild it properly.

There will also be rock scaling performed above the walls to reduce the odds of rockfall both on the construction personnel and future travelers along the grade. Finally the old Williams Pass wagon road below the wall, which has been impassable for years, will be restored sufficiently to allow construction access to the bottom of the wall.

In any event I'm really hoping we can push this effort to fruition. It has taken a lot of work to get the various necessary stakeholders on the same page and viewing this as a priority. Any help with support letters is very much appreciated! We'll likely need to submit letters to other funding sources also so we may ask that your same letters be addressed to others in the future. Thanks!
Subject Author Posted

Alpine Tunnel Palisades Repair

Justin Kerns August 31, 2020 03:07PM

Bill M. August 31, 2020 06:54PM

Re: Repairing DSP&P roadbed BENEATH 'The Palisades' (redux)

Russo Loco August 31, 2020 09:02PM

Cymro September 01, 2020 03:42AM

Justin Kerns September 01, 2020 03:45PM

Re: Alpine Tunnel Palisades Repair Attachments

Russo Loco September 01, 2020 08:38PM

Rob483 September 02, 2020 10:54AM

superfleet September 02, 2020 11:45AM

Re: Alpine Tunnel Palisades Wall Historic Reconstruction thumbs upthumbs up

Russo Loco September 02, 2020 12:29PM

Re: Alpine Tunnel Palisades Wall Historic Reconstruction thumbs upthumbs up

superfleet September 02, 2020 05:08PM

bcp September 02, 2020 10:23PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login