Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: Double-headed "Baby Mudhen" reflections in Patagonia

June 06, 2020 10:24AM
These reflection shots were taken in 2014 when the entire 250 mile line was still fully operable. Today the railroad still exists, but some sections need repairs and are not currently operated. With the end of freight service the railroad is only operated for tourist service and rare charters. In the last year, 2019, tourist operations were operated in three sections : Ingeniero Jacobacci to Ojos de Agua, El Maiten to Desvio Thomae, and Esquel to Nahuel Pan. In August 2019 Far Rail Tours ran trains on a charter basis on additional sections not routinely operated, including Ojos de Agua to Cerro Mesa and beyond for a number of miles, as well as Nahuel Pan to Desvio Thomae . I highly recommend the Far Rail Trip report for the August 2019 charter. Pull up "Far Rail Tours" on the web. You have to apply for a password to log on to read their trip reports. Very simple and quick. The report is available in German and English. I suggest reading the English report first. There are many outstanding photos. Then look at the German report, as it has an entirely different set of photos. Typically German - many photos taken from hikes to fabulous view points that one would never get on an American charter. I almost went on this trip, but I would have had to make some difficult return connections to the USA as it bumped up against a trip to Papua New Guinea that had been booked much earlier.

Route_Map_2.jpg

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/06/2020 10:27AM by Olaf Rasmussen.
Subject Author Posted

Double-headed "Baby Mudhen" reflections in Patagonia Attachments

Olaf Rasmussen June 05, 2020 10:41PM

Re: Double-headed "Baby Mudhen" reflections in Patagonia

tgbcvr June 06, 2020 05:33AM

Re: Double-headed "Baby Mudhen" reflections in Patagonia Attachments

Olaf Rasmussen June 06, 2020 10:24AM

Reflections on "Baby Mudhens" in Patagonia . . . thumbs upthumbs up

Russo Loco June 06, 2020 02:34PM

Re: Reflections on "Baby Mudhens" in Patagonia . . . thumbs upthumbs up

trainrider47 June 06, 2020 08:27PM

Re: Reflections on "Baby Mudhens" in Patagonia . . . thumbs upthumbs up Attachments

John West June 06, 2020 09:02PM

Greg Scholl June 06, 2020 09:16PM

John West June 06, 2020 09:29PM

Re: Reflections on "Baby Mudhens" in Patagonia . . . thumbs upthumbs up Attachments

Olaf Rasmussen June 06, 2020 09:51PM

Re: "How Much Bigger would a Big-Boy be" . . . eye rolling smiley

Johnson Barr June 06, 2020 11:45PM

Re: "How Much Bigger would a Big-Boy be" . . . eye popping smiley

Russo Loco June 07, 2020 11:29AM

Tom Moungovan June 07, 2020 12:18PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login