Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: Tender on a mountain - opinions please!

February 06, 2004 08:41PM
The photo is misleading, as it looks like you could walk up the hill. The photo is actually aligned looking up from below the tracks. This is inside of "lone tree curve" and is near impassible in the summer! I have stood at the rail / county road level (snowed in, in the photograph between the tall sparse tree and the darker pine tree) and can not believe that they were able to fish anything from the wreck site. I should climb down the side one afternoon and search for parts. The locoal NRHS club has had a couple of otings where they were on the mountain in this general area, and there is talk of a Westinghouse air pump complete with brass ID tag, but I'm not sure that this was the exact same place. Anyway, I do hope to spend an entire day hoisting my big A-- up and down the side of the mountain, only to find some hunk of twisted metal that I will then spend the afternoon and in tot he evening trying to cuss it up the hill to the truck. You know, one of those " seems like a treasure" when your in the middle of nowhere , and when you get home, you wonder why, why, why....... not to mention what the wife thinks of your new found fence hanger......
Anyway, you would think that there would be something there. The Uintah never lost a Gondola or Shay off the roster, so everything here must have been pulled up the mountain and repaired!
Subject Author Posted

Tender on a mountain - opinions please!

Rodger Polley February 05, 2004 05:48PM

jason midyette February 05, 2004 10:33PM

Rodger Polley February 06, 2004 08:44PM

Dave Peterson February 06, 2004 08:34AM

Rodger Polley February 06, 2004 08:41PM

Dave Peterson February 06, 2004 09:09PM

Re: Tender on a mountain - opinions please! *LINK*

Bill Pratt February 06, 2004 10:33PM

Rodger Polley February 06, 2004 11:07PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.