Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: Moreon Montezuma Lumber Co. rolling stock from cut down D&RGW high side gons

January 27, 2018 10:26AM
Bruce,
Yes, the one holding the tiny bulldozer is one of them. Nice catch on the other pix. You have a very intimate relationship with the photos on DPL's Western History Department. And, no, the flats at dismantling time on the RGS were not in that run of log cars. I have yet to see the MLC ordered log cars appear in a photo at McPhee. As far as I can tell from pix, the arrangement was to remove a floor board of the cut down gons that would, side by side, contain a pair of rails with long, vertical U-bolts ( maybe the leftover hardware from the gons) probably attached to the queen post boards, that could hold on the ends another single vertical rail with most of the base torched off; a hole drilled for an, at least, one inch pin on which the movable side would pivot. This is the way I soldered the brackets together for my models. If you find any more pix, especially the one of a stock train pounding upgrade in M.P.2, with a far off view to the right of all the newly refashioned log cars on that long, leftover spur. My view is they were stored there awaiting delivery to the MLC.
jefe

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 01/27/2018 07:34PM by RGS jefe.
Subject Author Posted

Moreon Montezuma Lumber Co. rolling stock from cut down D&RGW high side gons

RGS jefe January 26, 2018 10:10PM

Re: Moreon Montezuma Lumber Co. rolling stock from cut down D&RGW high side gons

bcp January 26, 2018 11:33PM

RGS jefe January 27, 2018 10:26AM

bcp January 27, 2018 11:15AM

RGS jefe January 27, 2018 12:33PM

bcp January 27, 2018 01:30PM

RGS jefe January 27, 2018 07:59PM

Re: Moreon Montezuma Lumber Co. rolling stock from cut down D&RGW high side gons Attachments

Mark Valerius February 01, 2018 08:31AM

Re: Moreon Montezuma Lumber Co. rolling stock from cut down D&RGW high side gons Attachments

RGS jefe February 01, 2018 01:03PM

Mark Valerius February 02, 2018 12:10PM

shakeyjake January 27, 2018 06:05PM

Earl January 28, 2018 09:38AM

bcp January 28, 2018 10:08PM

RGS jefe January 29, 2018 01:37PM

Earl January 29, 2018 02:19PM

RGS jefe January 29, 2018 04:22PM

hank January 30, 2018 09:49AM

Earl January 30, 2018 12:06PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login