Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: NNG: Jerry Joe Jacobson has passed away

September 14, 2017 03:13PM
I saw this earlier today. I did meet Jerry and on several trips up there. He was a nice down to earth guy, who loved steam, and railroading. He once gave me a cab ride on the spot with 4-8-4 6325. I spoke to him on the platform about it moments before the train was to leave, and he said why wait for the next time, we'll make room for you now!!! That was really cool of him!! I did another cab ride in 2003 (M. Allen will remember this trip) as they were raffling off cab rides, and I won one. These took place during the photo runbys as this was a photo freight. Anyway I am in the cab and shooting video during the back-up move and Jerry comes on over the radio "Who's running the engine he says" Answer: Scott! Jerry-"Oh My, sigh" We all cracked up. Then he said "Who's Firing" Answer: Mike Manwiller. Then Jerry goes on about how he really wants them to put on a great show, as there is a guy here all the way from Japan, so he wants them to put on a great show, and really haul the mail!!! Ironically this location was close to where he later had the current Age of Steam Roundhouse built. I miss steam on the Ohio Central, and Jerry for all he did and the nice guy all around that he was.
Thanks Jerry!
Greg Scholl

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/14/2017 03:16PM by Greg Scholl.
Subject Author Posted

NNG: Jerry Joe Jacobson has passed away

C&TS488fan September 14, 2017 10:47AM

Greg Scholl September 14, 2017 03:13PM

Greg Scholl September 14, 2017 03:22PM

rehunn September 14, 2017 04:59PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login