Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: Has anyone heard from Doug van Veelen?

July 07, 2017 01:05AM
Hi Phillip,

Thanks for the well wishes.

As for a quick update, I had to go back to the ER due to water retension in the legs - they are like to fat sausages below the knees.

I am back to the house and have been bustling around the house. I go Friday July 7 to get the stitches removed where I had two 1-1.5" tubes in me to drain the lungs.

I am not back top normal - I do not have my stamina back however I have been down to the mailbox outside the house twice and I am working on slowly getting my strength back.

Right now I have no insurance and the Hospital bills were in the $12,000 so the 3-week stay. Wellstar has sent me a form titled "Request for Determination of Eligibility for Uncompensated Services". The second ER visit is a separate charge.

Oddly enough, the Obama Care stuff when they first came out would not allow me to qualify for Medicaid. Never could figure out why. The penalty for not joining Obama care was an additional 10% off on your taxes. My taxes were close to zero for the entire time. So I never paid any penalties.

Oh Well. I do what I need to to survive. With $240 per month pension my only income at the moment It has been interesting the decisions I've had to make such as toliet paper or food. I turn 62 in November. According to my best understanding of Social Security, I can collect 75% of my age 66 and 2 months Social Security at that point. Combined with my pension, I'll be earning somewhere about $22,000 per year. Still not much but getting from today July 7 to December 2017 is going to be a difficult time.

Thanks for the concerns and well wishes. I am on the mend and I'll somehow get my feet back under me. I still want to have a small business going to sell model railroad items.

Douglas Edgar van Veelen

--------------------------
Carrie Fisher quotes:

Instant gratification takes too long.

I was street smart, but unfortunately the street was Rodeo Drive.

--------------------------

Luna Lovelace (Harry Potter):

I sleepwalk you know that's why I wear shoes to bed.
Subject Author Posted

Has anyone heard from Doug van Veelen?

John Cole June 28, 2017 10:06PM

C&TS488fan June 29, 2017 07:17AM

philip.marshall June 29, 2017 02:47PM

John Cole July 02, 2017 10:03PM

philip.marshall July 03, 2017 12:16AM

dougvv July 03, 2017 12:23AM

Charlie Mutschler July 03, 2017 07:36AM

philip.marshall July 06, 2017 11:08PM

dougvv July 07, 2017 01:05AM

CharlieMcCandless July 07, 2017 07:13PM

dougvv July 07, 2017 10:34PM

GeorgeGaskill July 07, 2017 11:33PM

dougvv July 08, 2017 12:21AM

Herb Kelsey July 06, 2017 01:50PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login