Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: SVRy siding

March 31, 2017 06:08PM
There are a number of spurs that leave the Whitney valley traveling up creeks northward, many of which enter the valley west from were the SVRy leaves the valley and climbs toward Tipton. One of these spurs goes past the site of Clifford, though I don't know if Clifford was still there or not. As Bret said, it would sure make sense for a spur to leave from the siding I mentioned and continue to travel west along the Burnt River and run up all the side draws. Since the river was dredged any RoW close by got turned into money and piles of rock, but I know there are spurs well west of were Hwy 7 crosses the Burnt, leaving the river both to the north and the south. I'll figure Ron saw something, ties or an extra wide RoW, something that indicated a siding and that it was probably pre 1916 to serve the west end of the valley. The White Pine photo is nice. The fact there are still a few pieces of board from the passenger shed is cool, though somebody told me it was still standing in the 70's. Would there have been a phone for the SVRy at the White Pine wye, maybe in the passenger shed? BRIAN
Subject Author Posted

SVRy siding

terry fosback March 30, 2017 09:35PM

Re: SVRy siding Attachments

Jim Grigsby March 31, 2017 12:10PM

J.B.Bane March 31, 2017 01:58PM

terry fosback March 31, 2017 06:08PM

Re: SVRy siding Attachments

J.B.Bane March 31, 2017 07:23PM

UnknownIdaho July 31, 2017 12:10AM

J.B.Bane July 31, 2017 09:54AM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login