Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: EBT sign on ePay... stolen?

May 27, 2016 11:17AM
My letter from C. R. Wilburn confirming the sale of an EBT harp switchstand is dated January 29, 1961. The sale was the previous fall and Mr. Wilburn stated that he had "been in the hospital." and appologized for being slow to acknowledge my check ($75) in payment for the switchstand. The switchstand weighed 220 pounds and I was unable to take it home at that time as I was an USAF pilot and slated to go to South East Asia. Mr. Wilburn wrote "We have the item set-aside for you down near our coaling ramp and you may pick it up at your convenience." As it turned-out, I was not able to pick-up the harp stand for several years. After traveling to VA, MN, CA and AZ it is now in my den (GA) with a EBT switch lock I bought years later that cost several times more than the switchstand. I do not recall any EBT metal signs being offered, but I remember some cardboard signs announcing that the railroad had applied to the ICC to abandon. There was a lot of office equipment, tools, depot items and other "stuff". I did get some small paper items, timetables, etc. but that was 66 years ago and I don't remember much, except there were few bidders and no annual passes.
Subject Author Posted

EBT sign on ePay... stolen?

et&wnc May 26, 2016 04:18PM

Stewart Rhine May 26, 2016 05:41PM

philip.marshall May 26, 2016 06:37PM

Mallory Hope Ferrell May 27, 2016 11:17AM

philip.marshall May 27, 2016 12:33PM

EBTfan15 May 27, 2016 02:29PM

et&wnc May 26, 2016 06:20PM

Wayne Laepple May 26, 2016 06:38PM

Keith Taylor May 27, 2016 04:40PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login