Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: Georgiana P. Clark (link)

March 04, 2016 09:52AM
I worked for Georgiana Clark from the spring of 2002 until the end of December of 2012. She was an amazing person. A native Hawaiian she was working as a flight attendant when she met Norman Clark the founder of the Roaring Camp & Big Trees RR. and the owner of the Santa Cruz Big Trees & Pacific RR. When he passed away suddenly she was thrust into the role of saving, preserving, running, and improving one of the most challenging privately owned tourist railroads in the country. Her toughness and tenacity are the reason that the railroads survived and are a part of the memories of generations of people who rode the train as children and later brought their own children and grandchildren to experience the majesty of the redwoods and old time steam railroading. While she was quite determined and demanding she cared deeply about the people who worked for her. As a result the employees over the years developed a loyalty to her and the railroad usually seen only in families. Her daughter Melani who literally grew up on the RC&BT has taken over running the railroad so it is in good and competent hands.
I learned a lot from working with Georgiana for ten years that has helped prepare me for the position I now hold at the C&TSRR. She was a good person and I will miss her.

John Bush
Subject Author Posted

Georgiana P. Clark (link)

rod March 03, 2016 09:32AM

C W Craven March 04, 2016 12:14AM

John Bush March 04, 2016 09:52AM

John Cole March 04, 2016 11:36AM

Ed "Oilcan" Kelley March 04, 2016 02:59PM

Re: Norman Clark

Brian Norden March 04, 2016 10:46PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login