Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: Our first HD on youtube...C&TS style

March 03, 2015 06:19AM
After my wife went online to google similar problems several folks were saying there was some sort of compatibility issue between the Sony FX-7, and the editing software Final Cut Pro 7. Now prior to this I had Final Cut Pro 5, but it would not handle the HD, so I got a new computer and the FCP7 to handle it. Internally it works great once you can get the footage in. FX-7 is tape, and HDV format. The problem seems to be between the camera and the computer, not once it is in there. One has the usual issues once it is in there, but we aren't worried about that.
I know it will work, but it is inconsistent which is not what you want when you need to capture the footage to start the process!!! We had to get a certain computer just to get Firewire to capture the camera, and that was no easy task since everything now is eliminating the Firewire 400 and 800. I have kept my old system to do my vintage material which is all SD of course. However I am on my 2nd replacement there(3rd Computer), cause one needs to get one with the same operating system so the previous files will work. Eventually I will have to go to a Hard Drive(Flash) camera and that might eliminate the problems I am having, but who knows. As you say Casey, there are all sorts of things that can go wrong. Try mixing formats, stills, Indesign files, component, composite and DV into a show...Thats loads of fun, and lots of rendering.
Thanks for your input though.
Greg
Subject Author Posted

Our first HD on youtube...C&TS style

Greg Scholl March 01, 2015 08:11PM

Tomstp March 01, 2015 09:58PM

Ed Stabler March 02, 2015 05:29AM

Roger Hogan March 02, 2015 10:53AM

Stewart Rhine March 02, 2015 12:31PM

Steve Forney March 02, 2015 01:34PM

rehunn March 02, 2015 03:31PM

Greg Scholl March 02, 2015 07:02PM

Casey Akin March 02, 2015 08:37PM

Greg Scholl March 03, 2015 06:19AM

Update

Greg Scholl March 03, 2015 07:02AM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login