March 02, 2015 07:02PM
Steve Forney Wrote:
=======================================================
> Nice work, Greg.
> How do you like working in HD? Once you have a
> strong computer, and learn the software, they'll
> move the standards again!smiling bouncing smiley

I hate editing in HD. The difficultyI am having is capturing the media
into the program. Every time I have the same problem...it captures 22 frames or up to 1 second then freezes. Tried all sorts of things via internet set-ups, etc for our software, and hardware, and still does it.
I did capture all the stuff from the trip In September but had the same issues. I played around 2 hours one day, and finally got it to work, then stuck with it 8-10 hours because I was afraid if I quit it would not open up and capture the next time, and I was right. Maddening.
Wife and I just spent two hours trying to capture 50 minutes off a tape on a Warbird I shot, and finally threw in the towel.
This video I posted on here from the C&TS took 3 tries, cause the first one on the best setting was so big youtube rejected it. I had to go down to medium on the quality to get it through, and the file was half the size. Then of course it still took 4-5 hours to upload. Fun Fun Fun. Shooting is the fun part, the rest is crap. Have made one Blu Ray test dvd and not impressed with the menu, but cannot get anything better for the MAC!!!
All that said, I enjoy the actual editing of the sequences once I get the video in. The program is very similar to the one I used for 8 years before this. Am getting too old for this computer snafu stuff!!! Retirement is sounding better all the time.
I wish I was one of these young guys who has his first camera in HD and to them there is nothing to compare to in the past...then its easier.
Hopefully 6 months from now I will have more answers. Once I have the stuff in the computer making the H.264 files for youtube is relatively easy if you keep the files down. I made mine too big(too long really).
Its better to be 4-6 minutes probably but this one was much longer.
Will post a few other clips as time permits.
Anyone who can solve my issues with HDV capture is welcome to a FREE dvd of their choice. I am using Final Cut Pro 7.0.3.
Greg
Subject Author Posted

Our first HD on youtube...C&TS style

Greg Scholl March 01, 2015 08:11PM

Re: Our first HD on youtube...C&TS style

Tomstp March 01, 2015 09:58PM

Ed Stabler March 02, 2015 05:29AM

Roger Hogan March 02, 2015 10:53AM

Stewart Rhine March 02, 2015 12:31PM

Steve Forney March 02, 2015 01:34PM

rehunn March 02, 2015 03:31PM

Greg Scholl March 02, 2015 07:02PM

Casey Akin March 02, 2015 08:37PM

Greg Scholl March 03, 2015 06:19AM

Update

Greg Scholl March 03, 2015 07:02AM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login