August 16, 2014 11:03AM
When I was in elementary school many, many moons ago. I remember having a teacher that gave us the opportunity to make something out of what we thought was nothing. Honestly I didn't get a high grade out of this event because my teacher thought that my sample was worth much more than nothing to begin with, but to me they were extra's that I had kicking around that didn't have value to me.

I guess I better tell you what I used first so if any of you were wondering. I have been an avid stamp collector ever since I was about 5 years old(of course it helped that my older brother collected too, and we would trade back and forth).We use to go to the local Woolworth's to buy a bag of stamps that were on paper and soak the stamps off in cold water, to put them in our books. They also had a surprise packet mixed inside the other stamps that would have something different and usually were mint in condition . After about 30 bags of hoping that we would get new stamps we kind of gave up on getting more bags, so we had ton's of stamps that we stored in a box just getting tipped over now and again that were in our way.
My idea was to make a portrait using the stamps and modge podge them into place on a piece of cardstock. It was getting close to Christmas time so I used stamps from all over the world to create a scene of unity and placed NOEL on top of them all made of blue stamps(was my favorite color back then) I even put a golden fringe (made from Christmas ribbon)as an outside border representing the radiance of the unity we all can make if we are united in what we stand for.

Of course again my teacher didn't give me a good grade because it had more value in his eyes and may have seemed as a waste of good stamps.

So here are some images that I cropped out of some pictures that I was going to delete. But changed my mind later.
1f.jpg

1i.jpg

1h.jpg

1g.jpg

Still a Student,

Dave
Subject Author Posted

Making Something out of Possibly Nothing Attachments

davidtltc August 16, 2014 11:03AM

Re: Making Something out of Possibly Nothing

kcsivils August 16, 2014 12:25PM

davidtltc August 16, 2014 01:50PM

Russo Loco August 17, 2014 05:47AM

davidtltc August 17, 2014 11:14AM

Re: Making Something out of Possibly Nothing Attachments

Russo Loco August 17, 2014 01:09PM

bcp August 17, 2014 05:21PM

A few more Attachments

davidtltc August 17, 2014 05:18PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login