Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Punk, in top form.....

December 24, 2002 10:48PM
The last time I saw Punk was fall of 1996. He had joined many narrow gauge rails for a reunion at Chama and a run up the hill. Train time came and went as the ticket office struggled to get everyone aboard. He ,no doubt, had set his watch for the morning and tapped it with the other hand as he questioned the conductor about the delay.
At Osier a well known, respected and retired Rio Grande man approached him by the lunch room and exlaimed "Punk Blackstone!". "Do I know you?" Punk said. The Gent explained that he had been aboard Blackstone's trains to Silverton many times throughout the sixties and had fond memories. "You one of them....Officials?" said Punk. The official replied in the affirmative as Punk raised his cane up and exclaimed "Well I didn't have anything to say to you fellows then and I certainly don't now!" I noticed a small grin emerge from his colorful face. A dedicated trainman and union man to the end. He takes a great amount of narrow gauge lore with him and it was a treat to be aquainted.
Subject Author Posted

Adios , Punk Blackstone.

El Coke December 21, 2002 09:23AM

Re: Adios , Punk Blackstone.

John Templeton December 21, 2002 05:43PM

Mike Trent December 23, 2002 10:14PM

Punk had lots of fun...

El Coke December 24, 2002 08:19AM

Herb Kelsey December 24, 2002 01:56AM

Punk, in top form.....

Jeff Johnson December 24, 2002 10:48PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.