Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: Commission Meeting Videos Dec. 20th 2012

rod
January 19, 2013 02:43AM
Yes thank you gentlemen for keeping us informed with your videos...smileys with beer

The Commission videos to me are enlightening, disconcerting and graphic documentaion of just why the C&TS struggles continue year after year. First though it does appear the current Commissioners and especially Randy Randall are asking the right questions. So I am optimistic that the groundwork is being laid for future improvements in ridership, marketing and operations with the new management team. thumbs up

I really didn’t understand how bad things were this past year and now I can see why AHR exited stage left in a hurry thumbs down Only 26,258 revenue passengers…with just 88 passengers on average on each of the two trains that operate daily that have a capacity of 244 passengers each...average revenue per passenger of $105.97...and $ 9,388 per train...thumbs down

It is so sad to watch as no one has a clue as to what it costs to overhaul a K-36 except maybe Dick Cowles? speaks up at one point. It is like they have to reinvent everything they do and have done for 40+ years as the turnstile of management(s) exits with the records? Why doesn’t the Exec. Director (now departed) who keeps the records not have this information when such a basic question comes up? And then changing the operating budget in the middle of everything to fit the poor performance now that didn’t escape Commissioner Randall...eye rolling smiley

Well I didn’t watch all the videos but I don’t understand why somebody can’t just do a written report of actionable highlights? I think we used to call this meeting minutes back in the day before the Internet and video...smoking smiley

Well I guess there were a few nuggets that I heard like:

The Chama roundhouse is moving forward with the selection of an Architect and Engineering contract. thumbs up

One of the 520? series (what car type is that ?) passenger cars (equipment roster still MIA from the Friends now going on 4 years)... I never thought it would happen but they actually have installed a pellet stove in one of the passenger cars ...thumbs upnow how does that work if some cars are heated and some not this season confused smiley

And now for the biggest news not reported elsewhere it is guaranteed that John Bush & crew will have 463 ready to run this spring as she is scheduled to pull a 16 car freight train for the filming of a Hollywood production of “A Million Ways to Die in the West “ to be filmed in early Maysmileys with beer I am not making this up, it was in Ken Matzick’s reports if you don’t believe me spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Anyone care to bet on what the rest of the winter will bring? Sure would be nice to have a Rotary hot and ready this spring just in case drinking smiley

Rod
Subject Author Posted

Commission Meeting Videos Dec. 20th 2012

Roger Hogan January 18, 2013 12:02PM

rod January 19, 2013 02:43AM

John Cole January 19, 2013 07:38AM

John Cole January 19, 2013 08:05AM

Rich Murray January 19, 2013 08:43AM

C&TS Money Issues (the good, the bad, and the ugly)

Dick Cowles January 19, 2013 10:27AM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login