Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Another 40th Anniversary Two Weeks Ago Today ... thumbs upthumbs up

October 15, 2012 07:31AM avatar
Forty Years of Photo Freights on the C&TS!!

(Revised 11/05/2012):

Next Monday, the fourth day of Pete & Bernd's five-day extravaganza - for which JBWX rather
optimistically suggested the name 'TRDR' - the Toltec Rattler Done Right - marked the 40th
Anniversary of the very first photographers' special on the C&TS.   I am was hoping we could
celebrate this in an appropriate way with a brief mention of the occasion - and an appropriate
toast - during lunch at Osier on 10/22/2012, but the festivities did not live up to my expectations* ...     sad smiley

- Rússo de los Locos

p.s. Perform a search using 'Toltec Rattler' / 'all dates' to find a few photos and further information.   LOTS of further information ...     eye popping smiley

* (Added 121015-09:30)   In the course of packing for my departure later today, I discovered - alongside a gallon jug of windshield de-icer / bug-remover** - two (2, count 'em, 2) bottles of the VERY rare K. B. Hall Ranch Industrial Strength Red Table Wine, which I believe to be a Malbec or possibly a Malbec/Shiraz 'Meritage'.  Since C&TS regulations prohibited my bringing these along on 10/22, I suggesteded that a few of us Trolls and Curmudgeons (you/we know who we/you are ... ) gather on the balcony of THE (Shadrack) HOTEL upon our return to Chama that evening to commemorate this auspicious occasion.     smileys with beer

** The location of the hiding place was just a coincidence.   Honest!!

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 11/06/2012 01:06AM by Russo Loco.
Subject Author Posted

Another 40th Anniversary Two Weeks Ago Today ... thumbs upthumbs up

Russo Loco October 15, 2012 07:31AM

Re: Another 40th Anniversary One Week from Today ... thumbs upthumbs up

davidtltc October 18, 2012 12:25PM

Re: Another 40th Anniversary Celebrated Two Weeks Ago Today ... thumbs upthumbs up Attachments

Russo Loco November 05, 2012 07:23PM

A good bottle of Malbec....or whatever

John West November 05, 2012 07:49PM

Re: A good bottle of Malbec. PERIOD.

Russo Loco November 05, 2012 09:03PM

Fakkers!

John West November 05, 2012 09:12PM

Re: Fact Checkers, not "Fakkers" - Cordilleras por Bandidos de Vino

Russo Loco November 06, 2012 01:20AM

Re: A Sip of Birthday Malbec ... or whatever

Russo Loco November 06, 2012 07:23PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login