Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: More Uintah

April 27, 2002 09:23PM
I'm sure some body out there can confirm, but I would guess that April 24, 1927 was a Sunday. The Uintah did not run regular scheduled frieght trains on Sunday. Regular passenger trains, special shipmanets of ore, or during wool season yes, but as a general rule no....... this was often thought of as a great benifit of the train men who got to spend an entire day "at home" sompared with their conterparts on the big railroads. Look and see if there are other days missing in the reports, every seven days, but maybe not because your first post showed alot of sheep movements and this was a really busy time on the Uintah.
Interesting the "bags" note on the car load, this was empty burlap sacks for the Gilsonite ore at the mines, usually in large bundles that weighed an impressive amount themselves.
Also interesting to note that the trip on April 26th included nineteen cars plus the caboose, thats a long train for Baxter Pass.
I would assume that the "33" note at the bottom of the last entry was for Shale tank, it was not at "Shale" siding (mile post 32.2), but about a half mile farther up the grade on the main line.
Subject Author Posted

More Uintah

Mike Ramsey April 27, 2002 06:12PM

Re: More Uintah

Rodger Polley April 27, 2002 09:23PM

You are correct

Kevin Cook April 29, 2002 09:52AM

End of April on the Uintah

Mike Ramsey April 28, 2002 03:18PM

Re: End of April on the Uintah

Floppo April 28, 2002 07:31PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.