Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: A picture for Dan Markoff and all.

October 22, 2010 12:10AM
That is indeed my baby! It was taken in the early days of Old Vegas, when it was a great place to visit.

As for the side rod, it got bent because some genius decided to place a sling under the side rod when it was lifted by a crane.

Some time ago I had a lively debate with someone on this board who felt that craning a locomotive was just ducky. Well, this is the reason I have never been an advocate of lifting a locomotive, especially when it is so easy to ramp one of Eureka's size onto a trailer for transportation. This picture is exhibit 'A' (as us lawyers say) as to what can happen using a crane. It took considerable effort to get that rod perfectly straight again, but I was successful. As a result, I was able to save that original rod. Fortunately, the rod is made of dead "soft" steel and could be straightened. It has now served me well for the last 20 years with no problems whatsoever.

Old Vegas was a great place in those days. While I was sad to see it go, it did give me the opportunity to acquire the locomotive after the fire and eventually share it with everyone in operation.

I still have a lot of old parts that were movie additions...like the stack, the pilot and stuff like that. Anyone interested in a slightly used phoney movie pilot?

Dan Markoff
Subject Author Posted

A picture for Dan Markoff and all. Attachments

Jeff Taylor October 20, 2010 07:17PM

Brian Norden October 20, 2010 08:13PM

Will Gant October 20, 2010 09:29PM

mesaman3000 October 21, 2010 09:13PM

Dan Markoff October 22, 2010 12:10AM

Jeff Taylor October 22, 2010 01:29AM

Dan Markoff October 22, 2010 08:49AM

Re: A picture for Dan Markoff and all. Attachments

LOGGERHOGGER October 23, 2010 08:00AM

Brian Norden October 23, 2010 11:36AM

Chuck Doan October 22, 2010 08:52AM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login