Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: List of 36" gage Crown Metal Products steamers

January 05, 2002 08:57PM
Denis,
Great article; glad I could be of help. I do have some postscripts for you:
* The Jefferson and Cypress Bayou engine in Jackson, TX is construction number 22736, I believe built in 1962. It is definitely not running, and is for sale.
* The railway at the Henry Doorly Zoo in Omaha NE also runs a 760mm ex-Romanian 0-6-2T along with the Crown engine. I would assume the Romanian engine was the reason for the choice of gauge.
(I see in your article that the Romanian engine was acquired at a later date, so I could be wrong.)
* A newspaper account of Michael Jackson's Neverlands ranch said it is in Los Olivos, CA.
* One of my contacts also listed two Crown Metal Products engines at Timber Rail Village. It appears these two, along with the one I have listed at Carowinds Park, are old sightings and need to be deleted.
* I also had a 3ft Crown listed at "Six Flags Great America, Gurnee, IL". It sounds like SFSL #5 during it's brief tenor in the Chicago area.
* I have a Crown listed in private hands in Morgan, UT. The railway it belonged to was "Komo Hot Spring". Any idea what engine that was?
I think you and I compared notes awhile back, but these were all the 3ft guage Crowns I had.
-James Hefner
Hebrews 10:20a
Subject Author Posted

List of 36" gage Crown Metal Products steamers

denis larrick January 04, 2002 09:08AM

Re: List of 36" gage Crown Metal Products steamers

James D. Hefner January 05, 2002 08:57PM

Omaha Zoo locomotives

Dick January 08, 2002 08:15AM

Re: Omaha Zoo locomotives

Bruce R. Pier January 08, 2002 07:12PM

jim January 09, 2002 11:03PM

Greg Scholl January 10, 2002 02:11PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.