Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: But ... But ... May 1st is WAY too early for a photo special ... eye popping smiley

May 03, 2010 04:19PM avatar
Why, if you allow the skeptics to Get your Goat even May 25 is too early!

Just because the Rocky Club had excursions prior to Memorial Day back in the forties and fifties
doesn't mean it's safe to run a train through a narrow canyon where the sun don't shine but for an
hour or two each day. And just because Silverton is several hundred feet lower than Osier doesn't
mean there's not going to be a blizzard or an avalanche or a volcano or an oil spill or SOMETHING.
But if Yvonne is brave enough to ignore even the direst fatal warnings of the Soothsayer of Sublette
(aka the Carpetbagger of Cumbres) and schedule such a risky venture anytime before the Fourth of
July,* then Congratulations to the D&SNG for a fantastic start to your season, and for giving us poor
"Wild-Eyed Foamers" who are naive enough to head onto the sunny slopes of El Cañon del Rio de
los Piños on May 25 the worthy goal of doing the best we can to provide four dozen brave souls an
equally - or at least similarly - worthwhile experience.

I mean, SERIOUSLY, Yvonne - I have heard rumors that you may be joining us on May 25 - I certainly hope so - but it only seems fair to remind you that you HAVE been warned!!**

- Russo
* The year I lived in Telluride, there were only two seasons - Winter, and the Fourth of July.   smiling bouncing smiley

** Presuming that you read that other 'forum' - aka "The Faux News of Narrow Gauge Country" - of course.
Forewarned IS Forearmed, after all!   And four-armed is ...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/04/2010 07:59AM by Russo Loco.
Subject Author Posted

Thanks,D&SNGRR for a great Presidential Photo Train

Kevin Williams May 02, 2010 07:00PM

Re: Thanks,D&SNGRR for a great Presidential Photo Train Attachments

Kevin Williams May 02, 2010 07:45PM

Re: But ... But ... May 1st is WAY too early for a photo special ... eye popping smiley

Russo Loco May 03, 2010 04:19PM

ozinoz May 03, 2010 05:00PM

Russo Loco May 03, 2010 08:20PM

Thor Windbergs May 03, 2010 08:35PM

Re: But ... But ... May 1st is WAY too early for a photo special ... eye popping smiley Attachments

BoxcarBetty May 06, 2010 09:30AM

Russo Loco May 06, 2010 09:38AM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login