Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: "proof" of D&RGW in Pennsylvania and electrification

September 01, 2009 05:49PM
Hi Fred,

I was 15 at the time this was taken. My Uncle Walter Schraudenbach was a jitney driver at Enola. He took me into the yards several times over the years and this photo was taken near the old PRR camp car. The lower tracks there are the run-through westbound tracks (I think they were called G - H - I - J).

I took the photo from the westbound receiving yard.

With my Uncle, he often took me inside the yard even though sometimes he would not let my get out of the truck.

Just for a quick review, I was in the yard tower and threw the switch to let an SW style switcher out of it's pocket, I have a Super-8 movie of a car going over the eastbound hump, I have photos peeking into the Enola diesel shops and of the westbound hump as well as the electric escape track that goes from the westbound run-through yard under the westbound hump. I also have many photos of the overhead and inside the Lemo tower area (not inside the tower itself) when all the tracks were there.

I also have a Super 8 movie somewhere that has me standing at a crossing in Wormleysburg catching 3 electric powered trains in the time it takes to pan from west to east (compass North to South). This is before the tracks narrow from four to three.

Lots of fun train-watching with my Uncle and visiting relatives and visiting Market (lover the dried beef, Lebanon Belogna, Smitty's Soft Pretzels, and liver puddin').

Doug vV

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/01/2009 05:54PM by dougvv.
Subject Author Posted

"proof" of D&RGW in Pennsylvania and electrification

dougvv September 01, 2009 01:22PM

Fred Folk September 01, 2009 01:49PM

John E. Bull September 01, 2009 04:03PM

dougvv September 01, 2009 05:49PM

Fred Folk September 01, 2009 08:32PM

John E. Bull September 01, 2009 04:08PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login