Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: The Face of Evil

September 16, 2001 12:57PM
No Mik....my hint is that you get real and understand that there is no such thing as a nice clean little war. We ARE at war. Innocents are going to be killed. It is my fervent Christian hope that they will be few casualties, but I am not optimistic. That is the nature of War, ugly as it may be.
Your idea and philosophy about a moral standard is nonsense. We have ours,(thank GOD) and the bad guys have theirs, or none. We are going to have to modify ours if we are to win. Does this mean innocent slaughter of non-combatants,....I hope not, but if the world must be saved from these madmen who, in my view, are A-moral (without) then we must play buy their rules, to some degree.
Your image of us as a "Knight on a white horse with lance lowered" facing a gutter rat with his AK-47 and his 'stinger' missle aimed at you, or are you interested in the survival of our way of life, civilization, or would you rather we engraved on your (and our) tombstones, "He was a moral man who died in defense of his values." I' m interested in LIVING and continuing our way of life for not only the USA but the civilized free world.
Mik, last time I turned on the TV I didn't see any massive retaliation against innocents. I see steadfast determination to put the bad-guys out of business. It will be a long and hard road...but we can do it. Seems to me that your attitude of hand-wringing is a little premature.
As far as you're First Amendment rights....I would lay down my life to defend your right to speak your mind,....and damned near did at one time in my life.
The "hint" that I referenced to was not about Mik the person, but your thoughts and attitudes.
I see no sign of 'blood lust'! I see some steadfast, intelligent planning to erradicate this cancer and perserve our, and others, way of life. I see America as the "Orkin Man", armed with weapons of eradication and with the tools and will to heal as well.
To think for one minute that this is going to be a nice, tidy, clean little quest, is folly. It is going to be nasty, painful, and dirty. THis does not mean that our cause and procedure is not JUST!
If I was suggesting for one minute, that you did not have the right to disagree with me...you are mistaken. Hint? My only suggestion of a hint, was that you might come to understand that there is no such thing as a clean little war.
You don't have to agree with me. @#$%&, that is what our country was built upon. Blood thirst...?
I see resolve, determination, and a deep seated desire that justice will be done...and there will be some inocents fall in the latin "sumon bonum'...the "Greater Good". I believed this is the nature of war, and life.
It never entered my mind to shut you up. On the contrary, our disagreeing dialog is what makes our country great.
I have never met you and probably never will, but I take your comments in earnest, although I may disagree. I wish you and yours, safety, good health and good fortune. Richard Boulware
Subject Author Posted

1 photo tells it all *PIC*

Roger Hogan September 15, 2001 11:47AM

Re: 1 photo tells it all *PIC*

DvV September 15, 2001 01:53PM

The Face of Evil

M. Chevre September 15, 2001 02:59PM

Richard Boulware September 15, 2001 03:35PM

Grant Housto September 15, 2001 05:19PM

Mik September 15, 2001 08:32PM

Richard Boulware September 15, 2001 10:18PM

Mik September 15, 2001 11:01PM

Richard Boulware September 16, 2001 12:57PM

Found something fer ya

Mik September 16, 2001 07:19PM

Something from another board

Allen September 15, 2001 11:42PM

Re: Something from another board

Chile John September 16, 2001 09:24AM

Steffen Rosmus September 16, 2001 11:54AM

Dick September 18, 2001 09:10AM

Allen September 19, 2001 07:11PM

Dick September 20, 2001 08:07AM

Photos are a hoax!

Carlton Bullard September 16, 2001 04:17PM

Re: Photos are a hoax!

M. Chevre September 16, 2001 06:03PM

Re: Photos are a hoax!

M. Chevre September 16, 2001 06:03PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.