Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Faster than a speeding rumor mill.

John West
September 08, 2001 01:47PM
As usual the rumor mill is moving faster than real life. Dan sure hopes Steven will be the new CMO, but there are i's to be dotted and t's to be crossed. Anything official will have to wait.
For me there's both excitement and melancoly. Assuming Steven joins us, he represents a talented younger generation of steam guys. And we need to build for the long term future.
But I'm in no hurry to see Bob Wright disappear from the scene. Bob came out of retirement and to our rescue last year when we needed help. The fact that he was Acting CMO and that one of his remits was to find a permanent successor never slowed him down. He spent long weeks in Chama, away from home and bride in Nevada. He not only supervised fixing locomotives, but he brought plenty of character as well. The movie and TV folks loved him. His gravely voice compliments a mean guitar. And he reportedly holds the land speed record for running a locomotive between Chama and Cumbres pulling not only his train but another locomotive as well. Bob was a genuine old steam hand. My personal hope is that he can learn to enjoy a new role as sage advisor to the next generation. And my guess is he will be in demand as guest engineer for TV and movie specials.
Subject Author Posted

CTS CMO

C.H.Irvin September 08, 2001 10:27AM

Faster than a speeding rumor mill.

John West September 08, 2001 01:47PM

Re: Faster than a speeding rumor mill.

C.H.Irvin September 08, 2001 02:20PM

Re: Faster than a speeding rumor mill.

jaybawb September 08, 2001 04:04PM

Sorry if I offended....

John West September 08, 2001 05:16PM

Re: Sorry if I offended....

jaybawb September 08, 2001 07:28PM

Re: CTS CMO

Jim Templin, Reader RR CMO September 08, 2001 10:06PM

Re: CTS CMO

C.H.Irvin September 09, 2001 06:41AM

Communication

John West September 09, 2001 11:26AM

Re: Friends headlines, etc

jaybawb September 09, 2001 04:54PM

Re: CTS CMO *PIC*

jaybawb September 10, 2001 12:34PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.