Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: February 8, 1939

February 08, 2009 04:53PM
"Could you possibly clarify the Montrose moves for me as you detail"

I will try.

Winter movement was somewhat common. For the most part shipping for market. A few days back I posted the movement of stock from Durango to Alamosa. It included 10 cars of cattle destined for Fort Morgan, Denver, and Colorado Springs, for Rock Island connection. For February 7, 1939, there is a notation "No stock loaded Farmington and Aztec account storm Cumbres hill closed."

Anyway, for today's entry: I did not realize the stock movement until I posted it this morning. As a result I did not collect all the pertient information as to what stock and destination. On my next collection expedition I'll look for any additional information. I am not able to tell what stock cars were used. I'll watch the next few days to see if a lot of empty cars go to Ridgway. That could indicate they were RGS cars.

It does appear as if all 11 loads came from the RGS, as no loads are shown out of Ouray. As for unloading, that would not take much time. I have been involved with loading and unloading stock and unloading is much easier. Also, without looking at a structure plan, I would guess the stock yard at Montrose had at least double chutes. Meaning more than one car can be loaded or unloaded at one time.

Jimmy
Subject Author Posted

Alamosa February 8, 1939

Jimmy Blouch February 08, 2009 11:14AM

CharlieMcCandless February 08, 2009 01:50PM

rod February 08, 2009 03:08PM

Jimmy Blouch February 08, 2009 04:53PM

Jimmy Blouch February 09, 2009 05:46PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login