Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Apology

July 26, 2001 09:33PM
Kevin...
This morning, I tried to paint the back side of the part I'd done yesterday, and couldn't make anything happen. The problem is in the nozzle of the airbrush, which cannot be taken apart and cleaned.
I'm under some pressure to finish this project in time for the National Narrow Gauge Convention in Salt Lake City in September. So, I just decided to stop screwing around.
An old friend, Charlie Givens, is one of the best model locomotive painters out there. I called him, described my problem, and asked for advice. He said, "Get a Paasche "type H" airbrush". They can be taken apart and cleaned, and work just fine.
Well, my local hobby shop doesn't carry the Paasche line, so I got on the phone. The Train Shop, in Santa Clara, California (just north of San Jose, 30 miles south of San Francisco) is one of the genuinely great hobby shops in the U.S. (Charlie was a partner there for many years, while I was running my company in nearby Los Gatos.) I ordered a complete Paasche system, which will cost me about $150.
Well, I did get some painting done with my $15 Taiwanese compressor and basketball, but I simply had to stop screwing around. My project, of building a model of my concept of an aluminum car car for the C&TS RR, is bankrupting me. I want the model to be first-rate, and didn't want to fail on the painting - which is of great importance. So, I apologize for leading you to think that there is a cheap way to go. I tried, but did not succeed.
Bob Keller
Subject Author Posted

Spray Painting

Bob Keller July 25, 2001 11:03PM

Re: Spray Painting

Kevin July 26, 2001 08:31AM

Apology

Bob Keller July 26, 2001 09:33PM

Re: Apology

Steffen Rosmus July 27, 2001 12:00PM

Re: Show us your model

Kevin July 27, 2001 01:49PM

Bob Keller July 27, 2001 03:30PM

dan July 28, 2001 11:21AM

Bob Keller July 28, 2001 06:33PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.