Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Archives, C&TS RR History

July 23, 2001 08:30AM
Over the last several weeks, we've had lengthy discussions about the preservation of the histories of the C&TS RR, written and oral. I've followed these with more interest than most, since I wrote up more than fifty "items", (anecdotes, acutually) about my time in Chama. Also, I've been corresponding with a historically oriented member of the RGRPC board, concerning the preservation. So, I came up with a notion, which I think is a good one.
Margaret Palmer, the wife of Clif (long associated with the railroad, and well-known in Chama) is the librarian of the town. She is a delightful person, a former high school teacher (English literature, if I remember correctly), and a fine pianist. I spoke with her yesterday afternoon, and got her assurance that the library would be a fine place for the archives.
My suggestion is that the Chama library be made the "official" archive of historical information about the C&TS RR. It would be open to all, and not be biased toward any particular point-of-view. If you get an oral history, in notes, on tape, or a video, a copy could be given to the library.
In line with this notion, I will print out and send copies of my stories to the library. I hope others, with things to offer, will do the same.
Bob Keller
Subject Author Posted

Archives, C&TS RR History

Bob Keller July 23, 2001 08:30AM

Re: Archives, C&TS RR History

Frank Martindell July 24, 2001 11:03AM

Spencer Wilson July 24, 2001 02:59PM

Jay Wimer July 25, 2001 03:33PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.