Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: Little Engines

DvV
July 14, 2001 12:32PM
The Little Engines is the same Little Engines founded in the 1920's.
A long story.
Once the widow of the founder died, it changed hands several times, spending time in Durango, CO, Ignacio, CO, and Virginia before returning to LA area.
In amongst all the changes, the 1.5" scale stuff ended up in the Little Engines trade name. The smaller stuff ended up in The Loco Works trade name (but formerly the Little Engines Line).
The were a very good company.
I do not know what they are now but during the last change in ownership, they took $1600 of mine and have never shipped a boiler, returned the money, or issued a store credit.
Having dealt with LE in the past very successfully, I hope that this was an OOPS and not SOP (standard operating procedure), but be careful.
If you are interested in live steam, try [www.livesteaming.com] as a starting point.
There are dozens of suppliers of 1.5" and 1" scale steam loco parts. Supposedly there is a 2.5" scale (7.5" gauge) C-16 available. It was from Little Engines for awhile but I think that it is with a company in Ignacio, CO now. The one that for a short time also owned Little Engines. They also had a 2.5" scale version of D&RGW #50.
Rumor has it they also built a new tender tank for one of D&SNG locos (I believe it was 497) that was welded with simulated rivits.
Doug.
Subject Author Posted

Little Engines

Kevin July 14, 2001 08:38AM

Bob Keller July 14, 2001 09:05AM

Re: Little Engines *PIC*

Mik July 14, 2001 10:20AM

DvV July 14, 2001 12:32PM

Jim Adams July 14, 2001 09:11AM

Mark Petersen July 14, 2001 05:26PM

denis larrick July 16, 2001 10:46AM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login