Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: Georgetown Loop Railroad (just photos!)

August 05, 2008 02:07PM
Just so we're clear on this.... it's now a week into August and the #12 is still gutted. The #9 has been moved inside and we are being told that authorization for renovation "should be coming through anytime now".... The #111 isn't being talked about and any enquiries are being rebuffed. OKAY, all history aside, I would concur with this assessment. I sincerely doubt that there will be steam on the Loop in 2008.

I wish the best for the people at Railstar. I have seen their dedication and I am convinced they are sincere in their efforts to run the GTL to the best of their ability. I have nothing but contempt for the way the CHS has mismanaged this entire affair though!

It has been four years since the GTL Inc. was forced out (yes, it WAS "forced"! If you believe that Bell and Behrens and the rest of those CHS yahoos had ANY intention of dealing fairly with Mark Greska and GTL Inc. then I have some prime swampland to sell you!) The CHS acted hastily and with poor (or no) planning and the result is about what one would expect. The biggest disappointment is that they haven't learned from their mistakes!

I am as tired as everyone else on this forum with the complaining about the way the CHS screwed up the Loop but the reality is that the CHS actually DID screw it up!! They have succeeded in turning it into a money pit and as far as I can tell, they have missed EVERY stated goal and timetable since this debacle began! Poor planning, poor execution, poor financial management, poor judgement and poor integrity.....not a reassuring combination. sad smiley
Subject Author Posted

Georgetown Loop Railroad (just photos!)

Jim August 03, 2008 04:35PM

round_house August 03, 2008 07:10PM

Re: Thanks for the GLR photos!

Curtis_F August 03, 2008 11:41PM

Two more.

Jim August 04, 2008 08:44AM

Re: Two more.

Tim Bain August 04, 2008 11:52AM

Eric Bolton August 04, 2008 02:43PM

Dan Robirds August 04, 2008 02:57PM

Chatzi473 August 04, 2008 04:52PM

Roger Mitchell August 05, 2008 10:55AM

Steve Stockham August 05, 2008 02:07PM

Jim August 05, 2008 04:08PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login