Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

NNG But Very Important About Railway Saftey And Crossings

July 03, 2008 04:42PM
think this is the right time to talk about this touchy subject. This applies to all railroads not just the narrow gauge. In my small town we had a truck train collision 7-1-08 at 12:36 pm mountain time. According to the paper which I strongly disagree with this happened at 12:36 well at that time I was comming home and about to cross that same crossing during that time I was also in a even run with a bnsf engine I didn't cross this crossing because I knew the consequences as I passed this intersection I did not see any truck crossing or any truck smashed up on the engine so I think the time is off by an hour. So I srongly suggest when crossing or railfanning watch out for the train give it its space and you will be safe. My biggest hope is that bnsf will put crossings on this intersection as it is still uncontrolled and at an angle to where you have to twist your neck to really look to see if a train is comming. Be safe Be smart so stop look and listen. Be forewarned this did have 2 people that died in this truck and the image may be considered graphic it is the worst vehicle train crash that I have seen in a while and this is not the first time it happened at this crossing in general.

-Richard

Truck VS. Train Nobody Wins
Subject Author Posted

NNG But Very Important About Railway Saftey And Crossings

1972FordF-100 July 03, 2008 04:42PM

Re: NNG But Very Important About Railway Saftey And Crossings

bcp July 03, 2008 05:00PM

1972FordF-100 July 03, 2008 05:10PM

Fred T July 03, 2008 09:14PM

CharlieMcCandless July 04, 2008 07:03AM

billsdnr July 04, 2008 01:16PM

Rick Steele July 05, 2008 09:45AM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login