Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: Lets talk about ANTONITO and festival Possibilites?

June 28, 2008 04:47PM
A SLV Rail Festival would be great but, it seems to me, a lot of things would have to take place before this could happen. Obviously the old train station would have to be spruced up for some usable purpose as well as the entire wye area. Ed Ellis of the SLRG is in favor of this I believe but the City of Antonito owns the station so obviously they would have to be involved. I also believe that a real festival would include some kind of dual gauge for demo purposes and this would probably require a crossover from the C&TS loop to the tail of the standard gauge wye.

In the past I have submitted plans which have been shot down as too grandiose of simply ridiculous but, what the heck, dreaming can be fun.

The whole C&TS/SLRG area could be turned into something called the Antonito Railroad Park. I suppose there is little or no chance of this even in the best of economic times because of the money needed.

I've attached a very sloppily done first try that I posted a couple of years ago and promised never to do again. But here it is anyway.
DualGaugeinAntonito.jpg

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/28/2008 04:52PM by John Sporseen.
Subject Author Posted

Lets talk about ANTONITO and festival Possibilites?

mschur,488 June 28, 2008 02:45PM

Re: Lets talk about ANTONITO and festival Possibilites? Attachments

John Sporseen June 28, 2008 04:47PM

Daniel Huppenthal June 28, 2008 05:17PM

163 in todays pic

483 June 28, 2008 04:51PM

Fred T June 28, 2008 05:58PM

It would have to be Alamosa Re: Lets talk about ANTONITO and festival Possibilites?

Chris Webster June 29, 2008 09:46AM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login