Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: White Pass 4

art
June 23, 2001 08:29PM
Danny,
I had a chance to go see this #4 last month and take alot of photo's. She is sitting up on a hill, near El Reno, a short distance from a ridge that looks out toward Oklahoma City. From my opinion, she doesn't look that bad mechanically.
The boiler looked good and there was allot of work done on her before she had been placed there. The cylinders looked like there had just been bored out. She didn't have her rods on, and looked a lot like a locomotive in the middle of an overhaul when she was moved. The back head was in good shape. But no cab and the wood that was there would all have to be replaced. The lead pony axle was missing, drivers looked like they had been turned, but all the rest of the components looked intack. Not awhole lot of rust. We rebuilt a Yukon engine up here in far worse shape. The tender was 200 feet away along with six sets of trucks. I think she would be a great canidate for someone looking for a project. Wish I lived closer with a little more means to do it! I've got the drive and desire.
If you are interested in pic's, let me know.
Subject Author Posted

White Pass 4

Danny June 23, 2001 03:34PM

El Coke June 23, 2001 04:30PM

art June 23, 2001 08:29PM

Bob Yarger June 24, 2001 10:53AM

Tim Bain (The Wiper) June 24, 2001 04:15AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.