Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Interesting Trucks

June 19, 2001 05:55PM
I just got back from the Sumpter Valley, and noticed some things I hadn't before. I knew the SV has a large collection of freight trucks and wheelsets, but had no idea how diverse it was. We not only have origional U&N and UN frames and Ohio Falls wheels that went on to run on the SV, but sets from many other narrow gauges as well. There is a frame from the Colorado & Northwestern that has a Sumpter Valley and a Denver Boulder & Western wheel in it. There are also 1915, EBT trucks and at least one Colorado & Southern truck with a C&S and WP&Y wheel in it. There are several West Side Lumber trucks, and at least one Nevada California Oregon truck. Numerous WP&Y and D&RGW trucks of various ages and types litter the yard as well. There is even a very old D&RG truck from under a West Side flat. And to top it off there are at least two Souhtern Pacific trucks. I didn't get to see all of them, next time I go up I plan to make a list of everything. It's always amazing seeing some of the stuff that ends up in odd places, I encourage anybody with an interest to go look under cars and around yards, you never know what you'll find.
Thanks, Taylor
Subject Author Posted

Interesting Trucks

Taylor Rush June 19, 2001 05:55PM

Hay Taylor!

ncng9 June 19, 2001 07:15PM

Re: Hay Taylor!

Taylor Rush June 19, 2001 07:55PM

Re: Interesting Trucks

Curtis F. June 19, 2001 07:37PM

Taylor Rush June 19, 2001 07:57PM

Curtis F. June 19, 2001 10:50PM

Larry Tuttle June 19, 2001 11:51PM

Todd Hackett June 19, 2001 08:00PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.