Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: Ophir Depot

March 01, 2008 03:17PM
Yeah, I know Keith, I think that the majority of modelers choose the trains as the main characters, after all we are train freaks, I think though that most of us begin to appreciate the human involvement, as our railfan hobby matures, and that is a challenging task. We may have seen the last of Sonni's shop updates. Those types of insightful photos of shop activities will most likely go into the history of the human sacrfices to get er done, regardless the sacrifice, and the sacrifice having no monetary value to the sacrificer other than the normal daily wage. Yeah, is the normal daily wage compensation enough to compel excellance, or is the compensation a more esoteric nature that provides non monetary benefits. Naw, in my case at least, excellance had nothing to do with wages, yet had everything to do with personal integrity. If I gave a customer less than what he expected, then I would have asked him what I could do for him that would bring him back into the fold.
Well train manufactures have been blowing it for years, supplying us with station buildings with exteriors and no interiors, Passenger cars with no interiors, or interior lights for night operations. Who decides to NOT do interiors because their kits won't sell as much without.In my real model train experiences, I just cannot fathom why manufacturers don't model the interior details of cars with windows. I don't mean to speak for everyone, just myself, we'll find a way to pay for it, but to add your crude interior detailse i more effective than fabricating them our selves
Subject Author Posted

Ophir Depot

tpeterman February 28, 2008 09:08PM

Re: Ophir Depot Attachments

Bob G February 29, 2008 09:08PM

Keith March 01, 2008 01:14PM

geode March 01, 2008 03:17PM

Bob G March 01, 2008 09:18PM

Russo Loco April 12, 2008 09:00PM

davegrandt April 14, 2008 08:49AM

Jimmy Blouch May 02, 2008 01:18PM

Jimmy Blouch May 08, 2008 08:47AM

hwcwsl July 05, 2008 09:59PM

Coyote April 14, 2008 02:25PM

sjh7 April 15, 2008 07:25AM

Linn W. Moedinger April 17, 2008 04:51AM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login