Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Travel advice about C&TS?

January 26, 2001 05:07PM
I guess I'll start my request by giving a little background about myself. I lived in Denver for about 2 years and volunteered at the CRRM. I'm from the South originally and so while there gained appreciation for the narrow gauge and steam locomotives. I now live in Michigan and am planning a trip to Colorado this summer. My question is about where to stay and about the railroad in general. I looked up some Bed and Breakfasts on the C&TS website. Does anyone have a recommendation on which one? I'm also wondering about how close you can get to the trains etc. Having student fired on a steam locomotive, it is not the same just to get on a coach and ride although we certainly will buy tickets and take the trip. While I don't expect to get a cab ride, is the roundhouse accessible to visitors? Thanks for any help. Also is there a site that describes the differences between K-36's and K-27's? I'm somewhat familiar with the C-19 having worked in and on the 346. I've become a regular visitor to the site here but still have a bit to learn about the vast world of narrow gauge.
Subject Author Posted

Travel advice about C&TS?

Terry Tait January 26, 2001 05:07PM

Re: Travel advice about C&TS?

Roy January 26, 2001 05:24PM

Chuck Hollis January 26, 2001 11:06PM

Michael Allen January 28, 2001 01:10PM

Grant Houston January 28, 2001 05:18PM

Andy Ross January 30, 2001 12:47PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.