Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: Another 40th Anniversary Celebrated Two Weeks Ago Today ... thumbs upthumbs up

November 05, 2012 07:23PM avatar
Sorry you couldn't join us, Dave -

As noted above, C&TS regulations theoretically prohibited my bringing the two bottles of K.B.Hall Ranch
"Old Number 500 Industrial Strength Red Table Wine" along on the trip to Osier on 10/22.   Probably just
as well - a brief skirmish with Chief M'Ontez-Umah early in the morning had precluded my getting a photo
of sunrise at Lava Tank, and later - near milepost 305 - his evil henchman Yup-t-chk't ambushed me unex-
pectedly as I was heading back to the train after the runbys.   As a result I was in no shape to partake of
anything even remotely approaching to the potency of the aforementioned beverage, but at least was able
to rally sufficient strength to note the date during lunch at Osier, and to display a few prints from photos
taken in 1968 and in the early seventies between Alamosa and Chama.

You'll have to rely on reports from the notorious troll JéBêWèX and the lovely Lady Ashley as to the quality of this rare vintage, as each received one of the bottles in honor of his 73rd birthday the previous week and her 2?th birthday, also a few days before.  Just so you know what you're missing, here are full-size images of the front and rear labels:
K-B-Labels.jpg

... and an enhanced version of the photo on the front label (that's me at the far right, below):
K-B&Sons.jpg

I wouldn't be too surprised if JBWX and Ashley donate their birthday presents to the Golden Gate Railway Museum and the Durango Railway Histörical Society, respectively, for use in their next season's boiler washouts - but my feelings would be terribly hurt if they don't at least taste a small glass of this unique Malbec first ...     eye rolling smiley

- El Abuelo Histœrico, Greengo y Curmudgeoño de los Locomoturas Viejos y Verdes,
aka Der Grossväterlich DünkelOlivGrünDampfKesselMantelLiebHabender

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 11/06/2012 01:10AM by Russo Loco.
Subject Author Posted

Another 40th Anniversary Two Weeks Ago Today ... thumbs upthumbs up

Russo Loco October 15, 2012 07:31AM

Re: Another 40th Anniversary One Week from Today ... thumbs upthumbs up

davidtltc October 18, 2012 12:25PM

Re: Another 40th Anniversary Celebrated Two Weeks Ago Today ... thumbs upthumbs up Attachments

Russo Loco November 05, 2012 07:23PM

A good bottle of Malbec....or whatever

John West November 05, 2012 07:49PM

Re: A good bottle of Malbec. PERIOD.

Russo Loco November 05, 2012 09:03PM

Fakkers!

John West November 05, 2012 09:12PM

Re: Fact Checkers, not "Fakkers" - Cordilleras por Bandidos de Vino

Russo Loco November 06, 2012 01:20AM

Re: A Sip of Birthday Malbec ... or whatever

Russo Loco November 06, 2012 07:23PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login