Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

(NNG) San Luis & Rio Grande - thanks!

October 16, 2007 08:34AM avatar
I'll compress a very long story into a short one here, in order to get the main point across which is simply to say thanks and offer kudos to the fine folks in Alamosa who work for the San Luis & Rio Grande RR.

I went down to ride behind 1744 and do some shooting on the final weekend of the season. On Friday, while scouting for picture locations, I developed car trouble with my normally reliable Jeep. Multiple unrelated problems, in fact. Some very nice folks who live near La Veta helped me do enough to get the vehicle back to Alamosa.

I had no luck finding a mechanic early Saturday, so I limped the Jeep down to the RR, and while picking up my tickets, asked if anyone knew of a good mechanic who worked weekends. I was quickly told to park the vehicle in the lot by RR offices, and that some of the shop crew'd look at it while we rode the train to see if there was anything they could do. Well, there wasn't, but they did correctly diagnose the problems, and when we got back, the RR folks'd identified a mechanic who was still working late Saturday afternoon. We called, and the bottom line is that I had a working vehicle again by 11 the next day, following multiple repairs.

If you didn't get down to take the ride over La veta Pass this year, put it on your calendar as a must do for next. This is not only a great ride (I mean a REALLY great ride), but the people working for the RR are terrific folks. My sincere thanks to all of them for helping turn what could've been a real lousy weekend into a terrific one. These people take customer service seriously!

Scott
Subject Author Posted

(NNG) San Luis & Rio Grande - thanks!

Scott Turner October 16, 2007 08:34AM

Re: (NNG) San Luis & Rio Grande - thanks!

Jim October 16, 2007 08:55AM

nickgully October 16, 2007 10:09AM

Herb Kelsey October 16, 2007 11:28AM

HOD Bill October 16, 2007 01:17PM

Re: (NNG) San Luis & Rio Grande - grease

up3985slrg1744 October 16, 2007 01:49PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login