Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: Possible trouble joining "Friends"?

July 25, 2007 01:36PM avatar
Hi Steve,

I will second John Cole's welcome aboard. His advice to call the ABQ office and ask Gwen about the status of your membership is good. She has always been helpful to me. FYI, there is not a continuous flow of info coming from the Friends. Typically, there will be spurts of info, etc. but the best way for general information is to get yourself registered (subscribed) for email notices of news releases and such. Go to the Friends website at [www.cumbrestoltec.org] and click on News. There is a link to subscribe to email notices of new news releases.

One thing to keep in mind is that except for Gwen and Tim Tennant (who is currently on leave of absence while serving as the General Manager of the railroad) there are no other paid employees. All of the work is done on a non-paid volunteer basis. In the summer time many of the very active members are either in Chama or Antonito (mostly Chama) or they are traveling on vacations, or working full time jobs. As the membership grows the work load to get communications out grows as well. Don't be alarmed or discouraged as yet. And don't expect a lot of arm twisting and mailbox stuffing hoo hah. We are still a casual (albeit still passionate) and slow moving group unlike the AARP who fill your mailbox and phone message center daily with gobs of stuff. Also, keep watching these boards for info as such is often posted here or at least someone will bring it to our attention (wasn't that me that said the other day that these boards aren't the official communications means for the Friends - hah, never believe an Iris-Belgian-Welsh-German with a Roman sounding name). grinning smiley

See you in a work session next year maybe?

Regards,
Mark Valerius

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/25/2007 01:38PM by Mark Valerius.
Subject Author Posted

Possible trouble joining "Friends"?

Steve Stockham July 24, 2007 09:07PM

John Cole July 24, 2007 11:17PM

Mark Valerius July 25, 2007 01:36PM

Re: AARP?

Dick Cowles July 25, 2007 03:10PM

Re: AARP?

dougvv July 25, 2007 03:12PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login