Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: C&TSRR 2 trains from a new spot

July 02, 2007 07:46AM
That was quite an exciting trip Roger. The train was sold out and even had a second parlor car in the train to boot. The 488's nickname is "Lucifer", and the ol girl lived up to her name! That engine can REALLY pull, but in the process set almost a dozen small cinder fires. The fire patrol crew earned their pay that night for sure! Had a derailment on one truck of a passenger car, but the engine crew showed their stuff by getting it rerailed. They changed out a axle brass as well. Had to wait for a while, but the bonus time was enjoyable with good people to share the time with.

Steve Flowers and his crew did a great job dealing with us getting to Osier 1 1/2 hours late for dinner and had a great meal waiting for us. Hard to eat just one of those desserts, so I had two. The trip home to Chama was great as the blue moon really lit up the country. When the fireman shoveled in coal the reflection of the fire's glow reflected on the engine's steam and smoke and looked like a volcano erupting! I was kicking myself for not having my camera.

We got back at 1:30, and I don't know of anyone who didn't have a great time.
Subject Author Posted

C&TSRR 2 trains from a new spot

Roger Hogan June 30, 2007 08:51PM

Roger Hogan July 01, 2007 08:50PM

John Cole July 02, 2007 07:46AM

Roger Hogan July 02, 2007 12:33PM

Anonymous User July 03, 2007 12:01PM

Roger Hogan July 03, 2007 08:28PM

Anonymous User July 03, 2007 11:56PM

Roger Hogan July 04, 2007 03:46PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login