Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

photo runby

May 16, 2007 08:43PM
Reading the messages about children at rail events and their behavior on photo lines -- brings to mind an event connected with a run by.
Several months ago a camera crew was filming here in Durango for a PBS show about the founding family of the Los Angeles Times.
What, you may ask, does the DSNGRR (or the DRG) have to do with the LA Times? I asked the camera crew that question myself. Turns out that they simply wanted footage of a train of settlers headed west. Our train was authentic. On that particular day we had a double-header.
Anyhow, there I am in Rockwood with the PBS crew, waiting for the train. The producer told me that the film footage they had shot the preceding day would have to be reshot. He asked me to tell the engineer that on today's pass, would the engineer please not wave and look directly into the camera. A general, non-specific wave was OK, but the direct stare was the problem.
Sure.
The operating crew, and all other employees, try very hard to wave and smile at people along the line. The engineer had just done what he always did.
For me, this was simply an amusing incident, but I imagine it can be serious. I wonder how often the "problem" occurs?
Subject Author Posted

photo runby

Bill Ramaley May 16, 2007 08:43PM

Re: photo runby

Chris Webster May 16, 2007 09:03PM

dand May 16, 2007 09:09PM

Re: photo runby - Friendly

Clyde May 16, 2007 10:41PM

Greg Scholl May 17, 2007 07:03AM

As old as cameras and trains...

El Coke May 17, 2007 09:04AM

Re: As old as cameras and trains...

Greg Scholl May 17, 2007 01:39PM

A history of friendly crews.

El Coke May 17, 2007 02:35PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login