Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

"Published Report" Loop BS

May 12, 2007 09:59AM
Boys and girls,
As the author of the far famed "published report" about no steam at the Loop in 2007, I feel that a little clarification is needed. Below is the entire text of the article. While it paints a true and perhaps unflattering picture of the motive power situation, nowhere that I can see does it say that there will be no steam at the Loop this year. Please read it for yourselves and see what you think.
"Georgetown Loop locomotive update
Work on the overhaul of Georgetown Loop Railroad 2-6-2 #12 continues to be piecemealed out to various contractors. In early April, a contract for the reassembly of the locomotive, along with some running gear work, was awarded to Rob Mangels, who heads the same Minnesota company the won the bid to replace #12’s drive axles. Georgetown Loop operator Railstar also bid on the reassembly contract but was not successful. A separate bid process was underway for installing new flues in the boiler. It is still hoped that #12 will be reassembled and operating in time for the Georgetown Loop’s 2007 season, which begins on May 26.
Colorado & Southern 2-6-0 #9, which returned to service in 2006 after 57 years of static display, remains disassembled in the Silver Plume engine house. #9 is not expected to be operational until late in the season at the soonest and may not run until 2008.
Uhrich Locomotive Works in Strasburg, Colorado is continuing work on former International Railways of Central America 2-8-0 #111, scheduled for delivery to the Georgetown Loop later this summer. #111 is owned by the City of Breckenridge and is being leased to the Colorado Historical Society for use on the Georgetown Loop.
Things are looking brighter on the diesel side of the equation. The complete rebuild of former US Gypsum Porter diesel locomotive #1203 is nearing completion at the Sumpter Valley Railway in Oregon. #1203 is scheduled to be delivered to Silver Plume in mid May and should be operational for opening day. Georgetown Loop 44-ton diesel #21 remains operational in Silver Plume."
In the future I would ask that folks who want to quote Time-Table articles here on the NGDF to please take the time to actually read the article and quote it accurately. Also, feel free to say where you got the information, the paper goes to all 50 states and several foreign countries so I see no need for all of the secrecy. Even better, subscribe to the paper, then you would get all the information that it contains!
Jason Midyette
Subject Author Posted

"Published Report" Loop BS

Jason Midyette May 12, 2007 09:59AM

Re: "Published Report" Loop BS

Dan Robirds May 12, 2007 11:29AM

Howard May 12, 2007 01:24PM

Chris Webster May 12, 2007 03:57PM

Jason Midyette May 12, 2007 07:55PM

Ryan Shofner May 13, 2007 09:25AM

G. Jenista May 16, 2007 05:58PM

Dan Robirds May 16, 2007 07:46PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login