Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Photos to be posted.

January 18, 2007 03:19PM
I think it is great that some pictures of #463 are being posted.
In this regard, I wanted to mention that sometime late winter, early spring, I will be posting two series of photographs on the web.
The firs series, "The Road to Chama" will be posted on my friend Mark Evans web site, "The Narrow Gauge Circle". These deal with color shots from the fall of 1970, when we moved all the equipment from Antonito, west to Chama.
The second series is as yet unnamed, but will be several dozen shots I took, in b&w of DRGW #463 at Melody Ranch (Gene Autry) when I and three others flew to California to bring her 'home'!.
I took three Hasselblads with me and shot the hell out of her just before the huge OWL Trucking Company self propelled cranes arrived and moved her on to the low-boys for movement to Saugus, CA for loading on the flat car. There is also a color image or two.
The pictures I will post will show her in 'As delivered to Gene Autry by the D&RGW'. As I said, they are in black and white, and include the cab, backhead, and even the underside. Shots also include the tender. I shot them with modelers in mind.
I will announce their posting on the web well in advance.
Subject Author Posted

Photos to be posted.

Richard "Bo" Boulware January 18, 2007 03:19PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login