Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: C&TS year end report by Rich Tower

October 21, 2006 07:19AM
Thanks a lot for posting this, John, and as far as I'm concerned this isn't merely a great start, it demonstrates clear continuation and advancement from the low of 2003. Personally, I think it's marvelous the way things have come back together for the railroad, and I believe it makes apparent the combined efforts of a lot of people.
The old ridership levels are a ways off, that's for sure, but of course the railroad isn't presently in a position to manage them anyway. I think this consistent growth bodes very, very well for the future.
To me it's been very clear that the states realize the economic impact of the railroad on the respective counties. I believe that's the primary driver of state funding. I feel continued growth in performance will ensure a feeling of hopelessness does not pervade governmental thinking and thus funding will, I hope, continue even as revenues and non-governmental incomes grow.
I'm very proud of the commitment displayed by all concerned. I wasn't able to be out even once this year, but sure hope to make it in 2007.
Thanks to all for a super year!!
John (Omaha John, that is)
Subject Author Posted

C&TS year end report by Rich Tower

John West October 20, 2006 05:17PM

Re: C&TS year end report by Rich Tower

John E. Bush October 21, 2006 07:19AM

Re: C&TS year end report by Rich Tower *LINK*

Greg Scholl October 21, 2006 07:44AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.