Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: SVRy Put on Quite A Show! *LINK*

October 19, 2006 01:52PM
About 3-4 years ago I had a discussion regarding doing a video with the late Ron Brinton. It really didn't go very far so nothing was ever done. Also the group sold some of our videos once I think, but have not heard from them in a couple of years.
The only way we could do a video for an outfit like this is to
(a) Have them pay us a fee to do it so they could own it outright, or
(b) We do it on speculation, or
(c) The best way would be that we did it on speculation, and they would promise to purchase a decent amount to make it worthwhile.
I have done a couple of other smaller tourist roads in the past and find that sometimes there is only a market within that framework, and not much beyond their own market to the riders of their train. Up until about 10 years ago I never heard of the Sumpter Valley Railroad, as I assume it was an obscure logging line in eastern Oregon.
I always figured I would add it to my stops the next time I headed out that way, but haven't been to that region since 1999, and that was to Western Canada, which is not really nearby, at least not from Ohio.
I would like to catch a photo special out there sometime, or if the Sumpter folks want to make a special train or two for a Sumpter Video, that would be nice also.
Right now my plates pretty full doing vintage stuff and still converting my existing programs to DVD, so a video project would have to work well for both parties. If they have such an interest I am sure they know where to find me.
Cheers
Greg Scholl
Subject Author Posted

SVRy Put on Quite A Show! *PIC*

Loggerhogger October 18, 2006 07:28AM

Re: SVRy Put on Quite A Show! *PIC*

Loggerhogger October 18, 2006 07:36AM

Loggerhogger October 18, 2006 07:41AM

Loggerhogger October 18, 2006 07:56AM

Re: SVRy Put on Quite A Show!

Greg Scholl October 19, 2006 09:39AM

Ted Miles October 19, 2006 10:38AM

dan October 19, 2006 10:47AM

Re: SVRy Put on Quite A Show! *LINK*

Greg Scholl October 19, 2006 01:52PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.